Guidance In Family Law Matters
We understand that family law matters are particularly challenging for clients. Louisiana laws in this area are designed to protect the interests of children as well as rights of parents, but legal arrangements involving personal and family matters are often complicated by personal history and emotions. This can leave everyone feeling angry and confused. However, the right family law attorney can address the needs of the family and help everyone move to the next phase of their lives.
At The Law Firm of Rocky Willson, we sit down and work our clients to determine the circumstances of the case. We then construct an approach that can effectively achieve the needs and goals of the client and his or her family. Attorney Rocky Willson has 40 years’ experience working in the courts as a lawyer with a successful private practice and as an assistant district attorney, but he understands that not every family needs or wants to go to court. Following the lead of our clients and providing honest legal guidance, we can often resolve issues faster and with less expense if we negotiate with the other party.
Family Law Issues We Handle
We offer a wide range of services, including:
- Divorce: We strive to make this process as quick and painless as possible, regardless of whether it is contested or uncontested.
- Child custody: One of the most difficult issues in any divorce, we strive to find an arrangement that is best for the children and workable for the parents.
- Modifications: The needs of the family change as time passes and sometimes arrangements need updating.
- Prenuptial agreements: This can provide a firm financial foundation for couples, particularly when their finances are complicated.
- Child support: Louisiana has a set of formulas involving income, needs of the family and other issues in determining this matter.